South African braised meat balls – is a popular comfort food. This easy recipe will give you great results every time
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
500 g ground beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 thick slice white bread
2 tbsp. oil
10 ml crushed garlic
2 large eggs, beaten
5 ml salt
1 ml ground black pepper
1 ml ground allspice
75 ml chopped parsley
- Soak bread in water, remove and squeeze dry.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into balls
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add the meatballs a few at a time for about 5 mins and brown on each side
- Reduce heat and cook until the meat is no longer pink
- Serve on top of creamy mashed potatoes and a sauce of your choice