No time for soaking black-eyed peas overnight? No problem. Use canned black-eyed peas, and you’ll have dinner ready in minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
250ml (1cup) cake flour
1 tsp baking powder/dried yeast (if you have time to spare)
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg (optional, if using dried yeast, not required)
125 milk (optional, if using dried yeast, not required)
Water (boiled but lukewarm water)
125 ml oil for frying
Baking powder method
- Sift flour, baking powder/yeast and salt together.
- Beat egg separately and add to flour. Add milk and mix until smooth heat oil in frying pan and drop a tablespoon of the mixture into oil.
- Fry for two to three minutes on one side, then turn and fry for one minute on other side.
- Serve hot
- Mix Flour, Yeast, Sugar (if required), salt with water until well mixed
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for about an hour or as required
- Shape into balls or cut into squares on a board sprinkled with flour
- Heat oil and add dough, fry each side for about 2 -3 minutes until golden brown
- Don't make more than four at a time.